Last week released our updated broker website ratings for 2010 for over 838 firms. As always these generate a lot of interest and traffic so this year we decided to go another step and actually rank the Top 40 – or top 5% – nationally based on a specific set of criteria that you can view here.
The list below breaks this diverse group of winners into 4 major categories based on points accumulated. There are large firms and small ones and everything in between.
The Platinum category is in order of finish, the others are shown alphabetically.
- Platinum – 75+ – the Top 1%
- Gold – 65-74
- Silver – 50-64
- Bronze – 35-49
Our 5 Platinum winners will receive a free one year membership in the Industry Radar Business Network (a $1500 value) that will further enhance their site’s visibility, firm’s online marketing and ratings and allow them to promote their:
- Articles, blogs et al
on the IRBN but also on various pages on The Industry Radar, like their state news pages, in our daily newsletter and in special RSS feeds that readers can subscribe to.
There is great search engine optimization value in this as well with their sites receiving multiple “link love” from the Industry Radar (a Google “5” ranked site) as all of these firms know as well. In fact the more they use the IRBN to promote their business the more quality “link love” they will create with the search engines.
Some interesting stats on the “Top 40” concerns 15 of these firms and what groups they are part of to enhance their business:
- UBA has 7 firms including our top award winner, Blue Water Benefits (Alexander & Co., Johnson & Dugan, RJ Dutton, True North, Benefit Insurance Marketing, Argyle Benefits)
- BAN has 5 firms including 2 of the top 5 – Benico and CPI HR, the founder of BAN. (Seitlin, Progressive Benefits, Strategic Benefits)
- Assurex has 4 member firms (Seitlin, Oswald, Horton and Barney & Barney)
- Digital Insurance it’s own site and 3 of its partners (that I am aware of)
- Of the Business Insurance Top 100 there are 8 firms – 4 from the Top 50 ( William Gallagher, Heffernan, Holmes & Murphy, Seitlin, Oswald Companies, Horton Group, Barney and Barney and True North)
- HITECH Email Encryption – At least 1 in 5 (8) firms use ZixCorp for their email encryption including our top 2 (Blue Water and McGohan), the solution behind our RadarMail 360 Suite.
A special shout out to Gold award winner Seitlin & Company, who is both a BAN and Assurex member as well as a Digital Insurance Partner and #89 in the Top 100. They seem to be focused on investing in their entire business to be successful and grow.
What are you doing to enhance and grow your business? Are you a member of industry groups? Is your website where you want it? What real differentiators do you offer to your clients in this digital age?
We will be posting this week on each of the award groups individually and commenting on each site so stay tuned…